Friday, April 4, 2008

They are OFF!











BTW...it is Heather writing this entry. Andy currently is in a 'Town and Country' mini-van (with Stow and Go seating) with Mick and Geno heading down to Birmingham, AL ... as I type.

Well at 5:00 pm on 4/3/2008, the Team Sweet Crew set off for a true adventure! What they will find...one can only dream of. What they will bring back…a very tired but fulfilled young man. I really think with Andy, Geno, and Mick on the team...only good can come of it. =)


After many, many, many days of everything "bike" sitting around the house, all of it was organized and put into the rented mini-van and hauled down South. Wow, this was Ironman packing on steroids! Seriously, there were more gloves, tights, shorts, bibs, food, tools, “personal items,” bottles of inflate, food, servings of Infinit, gels, bars, food, socks, flash lights, head lamps, batteries, maps, sun glasses, helmets, bike lights, food, pieces of rain gear, and tubes of Preparation H – I have ever seen! I do have to say, I have NEVER EVER seen Andy this organized. Whew.

Meredith and I will be posting more information/photos tomorrow night. Please stay tuned for additional information.

Personal note: I am really proud of Andy and all that he has accomplished this season so far. His dedication and commitment to this race is more than I could ever muster. I know he truly appreciates his friends, family, and sponsors for all their help and support. Please keep Andy and Team Sweet in your thoughts this weekend.

No comments: