Friday, April 4, 2008

Walking the green mile...

I know, I know.... probably not the best title for the last blog update that I do myself before the race... but somehow it seems appropriate! Sitting here in the hotel before the race meeting is making my nerves a bit jittery; as I really still don't know what to expect to encounter on this journey!

But the trip down was good, although a bit rainy! And this morning has been great... We met up with my friend Andy from Birmingham that I haven't seen in a couple years and we got some coffee and high caloric food and just relaxed for a bit.

Then, a quick stop at the local Wal-Mart for last minute supplies, and back to the hotel to wait... and wait...

It's still raining outside, but the forcast is saying that it should be clear by start time, so hopefully the rain will just knock down the pollen (yeah, they have pollen down here right now!!) and clean off the road debris!

Anyway, thanks to all of you for your support once again! I can't wait to catch up with you all on the other side of 500 miles!

Cheers,
Andy

No comments: