Sunday, April 6, 2008

Update #14 OMG! Almost done (by: Heather)

Time: 8:00 am (36 hour update)
Mile marker: 488

The excitement is buzzing. Andy is still doing really well on the tri-bike. The sun is up and the miles are coming off. Mick said, "I can't believe it is almost over. When we had a century left I thought that would take forever, but here we are." They must be experiencing some sort of time vacuum. Or 517 miles seems more manageable on the "other side of 517." Not sure.

I can't wait to hear Andy's experience. I am really looking forward to seeing all of them.

Mick is going to call me when Andy finishes. Not sure what the plans are for immediately following the race. My guess, would be...

  1. Sit down
  2. Eat warm food
  3. Drink something warm
  4. Shower
  5. Put on real clothes
  6. Awards ceremony
  7. I am sure sleep will fit in there some place. I don't know how Andy will feel. I have never stayed up for almost 44 hours.

They are planning on Staying in Birmingham, AL tonight and driving home tomorrow. I am sure Mick and Geno are thrilled they have more driving ahead of themselves. If I know Andy, he will try something like "I'll take the first shift." ;-)

1 comment:

David said...

It's 9:30 and I assume that Andy is within 10 miles of the finish. Congratulations on an amazing and truly inspirational ride! I have really enjoyed following the blog and the route map.