Saturday, April 5, 2008

Update #3 - Them thar hills boy! (by Heather)

Well, the boy made it through the first night! From the sounds of it...lots and lots of hills. Well in the South, they call them hills. Here in the Midwest we would probably call them "OMG! Are you freakin' kidding me? What the F? This is a 'bleepity bleep' mountain!" or at least I would call them that ;-)

I got up at the perfect time this morning. 5:50 am. As I was calling Mick's phone, they were checking into another check point. I am not sure if it was the third check point, but I am guessing so. By 5:50 am, Andy has traveled a total of 159 miles. The break down for this segment is 125 miles averaging 15.08 mph. The total time so far is 9 hours and 46 minutes averaging 16.27 mph! Nice work baby!

Andy has been blessed with rain, rain, and more rain all night. Total bummer! They stopped to change rain clothes one time. Thank goodness for all that extra gear, right? Sounds like he has been taking a couple bottles of caffeinated Infinit here and there as well.

When I ask, "How is he doing?" or "What type of mood is he in?" Mick keeps saying, "He is in really good spirits." Hope this trend keeps going. =)

The super sexy soccer mom minivan (SSSMMV-ok that doesn't work) situation is holding steady. Mick is in the driver's seat. Geno has taken over navigation and nutrition duty. Word is they haven't taken in any caffeine yet, but it is coming soon. The fumigation situation is under total secrecy. As of last night, neither of them had "cut wind," so it was a contest to see who could hold out the longest. I am SURE someone lost, just haven't found out who, yet. I called back to get more information, and like we thought, cell phone reception in the mountains is spotty at best. I sent Geno a text message...we will see how the "old guy" does with that ;-) Not too sure if I will get a text back, but anything is possible, right? The mental picture of Geno typing a text message just slays me for some reason--LMAO! Last night when I called they (Mick and Geno) instructed me to drink at least 2 beers each for them and this morning I was told to go back to bed and get some sleep for them. Wow, I am really do a lot for them. Sheesh, what divas!

Anything you all are interested to hear about, post a comment and I will see what I can do.

Later taters! ~ Heather

2 comments:

David said...

Great stuff! I'm following the route using the spreadsheet and Google maps. Also watching radar for NW GA ... still looks wet. In future posts, could you mention the name of the road Andy's on and maybe a nearby town?

GAIA Fitness said...

Heather: Sure next time I talk to Mick or Geno I will ask.