Saturday, April 5, 2008

Update #8 It's dry!!!! (by: Heather)

Good news ya'll!

The rain has finally stopped. Andy has changed clothes and he is dry! I rode a century in the rain--once. I was so happy to be dry after 6 hours. I can't imagine how ecstatic Andy is to be dry after 24 hours!

I got an update from Mick at 8:04 pm. The 24 hour update: Andy is at mile 359.2. They are just outside of Talladega National Forrest on Georgia Highway Rt. 100 in Cave Spring, GA.

From the sounds of it, when they get into the forrest at mile 378 (approximately) they might have trouble with cell phone reception. I might not get another update for nearly 6 hours. Bummer :( But things are going really well so far and one can only hope things keep going in a positive direction.

I did get a chance to talk to Andy when Mick called. He was in much better spirits than when I spoke with him this afternoon. He was saying his knees were aching a little bit so he took some Aleve. He has also adjusted his saddle a little in hopes getting in a different position would alleviate the discomfort.

The crew seems to be in a positive mood as well. More awake tonight than they were this morning. Caffeine is a miracle worker!!

Well, I am signing off for now. Hope to have another post in a couple of hours. Take care and THANKS for reading and thinking about our "boy."

2 comments:

Bartels said...

Hey there Team Sweet and crew,
I talked with Simonds last night and let Andy know those of us in the Rockies are rootin' for him. He's a rockstar and are thinking of him. Thanks for the blog updates, this has been great. Tell Mick and Geno I say hi too. Love and Miss you all,
Courtney

GAIA Fitness said...

Heather: I will certainly pass along the good wishes from the Rockies! He will love to hear it. C, I will certainly tell Mick and Geno a huge "HI" from you.

I like using the word certainly. Man, am I tired. I really can't complain. I have not been on a bike for over 27 hours. UGH.