Sunday, April 6, 2008

Update #12 The "flat lands" (by: Heather)

Time: 5:19 am
Mile marker: 455
Location: 10 miles East of Talladega (check point #6) I was a little wrong in my last post. They had not gotten to check point 6 yet.

Direct quote from Mick, "Andy seems to be more comfortable on the flats now." I really think the "flats" in Alabama are NOTHING compared to here in Illinois. I wonder when Andy gets the feeling and strength back into his legs, if he is going to be pleasantly suprised to ride at home? I suspect these mountains will creep into his mind during the flats in Ironman Florida this November. I bet this ride will be unforgettable. Nuff said.

Mick mentioned a 2 person team recently passed them. He said they were really moving. I could sense a little envy in his voice, but I also know he is right where he wants to be... supporting Andy. It is so good to hear how proud Mick and Geno are of him. Andy picked a perfect support crew. It has been a joy to talk to them. They are amazing. Seriously, everytime I call they seem more awake and alert than I do! (Maybe except for the first morning at 5:50 am ;-))

I also think they are STARVING for some sun. They are really looking forward to the sunrise. Since yesterday morning was so dreary, they really couldn't notice when the sunrise actually occured. I looked on the online Old Farmer's Almanac and it says "6:25 am." I think Mick was a little disappointed to hear that. But the good news is it will be sunny!

...then the phone cut out. >:-[ Damn cell phone connection.

No comments: