Saturday, March 22, 2008

The day I started a blog

It's a dark, cold, and ugly night... the perfect evening for a young, innocent man like myself to turn to the dark side. And start a blog!!!!

I swore against them, but I promise to use the power of my blog for good... not evil.

Ok, so if you're still reading, here's the real reason behind creating this blog: My journey to the Heart of the South! And I don't mean a family vacation to Alabama... I'm going to race!

Check it out: www.heartofthesouth500.com

I have spent a lot of time training for this race, and a lot of people have supported me (and are still supporting me) in my journey! So, the race is now less than two weeks away, and I've decided that a blog page is the perfect way to keep those of you interested in my race up-to-date.

So, I'll update over the next two weeks with my final prep, the trip down south in the crew vehicle with my crew (Phil 'Geno' Warlow, Mike 'Mick' Hannah, and my lovely wife Heather...'Heather' Sweet :-), and of course most importantly... my hometown crew member Meredith will be updating the blog page for me during the race (via phone calls and pics from the crew), so that all of you back home can track my progress!

Anyway, first day with a blog and I'm already blathering on... I see this going downhill from here :-P

1 comment:

Sweet said...

Hey bro, welcome to blogland!

Have a good time on your little cushy vacation-thingy. I'm going to stick close to home and do some workouts that are actually hard!

I'll try to get this up on Evotri over the weekend.